The tournament to find Heirs to the Tyger Throne is well underway, and the field has been narrowed to 16 combatant and consort pairs. These combatants will now undergo double elimination round. The entire format is at the bottom of this post, as a reminder. At the semi-finals, 2 combatants from the winners’ list will each face a combatant from the defeated list.
The following combatants have advanced and will be participating in a double elimination round, from each original pool:
- Sir Klaus Winterhalter Von Wallachia, fighting for Baroness Anastasia Kurt-Kalbi
- Doyen Richard Crowe, fighting for Lady Ameria Brown
- The Honorable Lord Corwin Blackthorn, fighting for Lady Ada Wright
- Baron Pádraig Ó Brádaig, called Samson of Ireland, fighting for Lady Martha bean ui Bhradaigh
- Sir Matthew D’Arden, fighting for Mistress Fia Kareman
- Jarl Valgard Stonecleaver, fighting for Lady Gracia Vasquez de Trillo
- Andromidus Leonida, fighting for Baroness Lily Morgaine
- Guillame Du Chantier, fighting for Ezra Dei Bazzi
- Count Culann mac Cianain, fighting for Viscountess Sefa Hrafnsdóttir
- Sir Matthias Grunewald, fighting for Baroness Æsa feilinn Jossursdottir
- The Honorable Lord Matthew MacGyver, fighting for Baroness Lillian Stanhope
- Baron Talan Gwyllt, fighting for The Honorable Lady Alison Wodehalle
- Master Karl Meerstappa, fighting for Mistress Anne of Framlingham
- Doctorae Pandarus, fighting for Baroness Timeria Sthenone, called Timbrien
- Sir Turi MacKinnon, fighting for Baroness Marguerite de Sainte Nazaire
- The Honorable Lord Michal Bialy, fighting for Nicasia Leontodes
The tournament format is as follows:
- All bouts will be “bring your best” until the semi-finals.
- There will be 4 round robin pools. Each will advance 4 combatants to a double-elimination Sweet 16.
- At the semi-finals, 2 combatants from the winners’ list will each face a combatant from the defeated list. The semi finals will be fought rotating, non-repeating, weapons forms. The combatant from the winners’ list will have to win once. The combatant from the defeated list will have to win twice. First choice of weapons forms will go to the combatant from the winners’ list.
- In the finals, all previous losses will be forgiven.
- The finals will be a best of 5 with rotating, non-repeating weapons forms. The first bout of the finals will be fought with long sword in the Queen’s honor. The loser of the long sword bout will choose the next weapons form, and so on until a winner is decided. Long sword may be chosen by a combatant.
The Gazette Staff thanks the MoLs and their staff for all that they do. Any errors here are the Gazette’s and the Gazette’s alone