The tournament to find Heirs to the Tyger Throne has begun in Crown Province of Ostgardr. The tournament list and format are also available here.
The tournament format is as follows:
- All bouts will be “bring your best” until the semi-finals.
- There will be 4 round robin pools. Each will advance 4 combatants to a double-elimination Sweet 16.
- At the semi-finals, 2 combatants from the winners’ list will each face a combatant from the defeated list. The semi finals will be fought rotating, non-repeating, weapons forms. The combatant from the winners’ list will have to win once. The combatant from the defeated list will have to win twice. First choice of weapons forms will go to the combatant from the winners’ list.
- In the finals, all previous losses will be forgiven.
- The finals will be a best of 5 with rotating, non-repeating weapons forms. The first bout of the finals will be fought with long sword in the Queen’s honor. The loser of the long sword bout will choose the next weapons form, and so on until a winner is decided. Long sword may be chosen by a combatant.
The combatants have been placed into the following pools, in no particular order:
- Sir Klaus Winterhalter Von Wallachia, fighting for Baroness Anastasia Kurt-Kalbi
- Doyen Richard Crowe, fighting for Lady Ameria Brown
- The Honorable Lord Corwin Blackthorn, fighting for Lady Ada Wright
- The Honorable Lord Ludovic of Carolingia, fighting for Lady Röskva Mac Cianain, called Widowmaker
- Baron Pádraig Ó Brádaig, called Samson of Ireland, fighting for Lady Martha bean ui Bhradaigh
- Baroness Timeria Sthenone, called Timbrien, fighting for Doctorae Pandarus
- Lord Wilhelm Van Hammaburc, fighting for Ailbhe AElffricesdohter
- Lord Michel Biornson of the Isles, fighting for Vigdís Eldr
- Syr Angus Gove MacKinon, fighting for Mistress Ciara MacRobie
- Sir Matthew D’Arden, fighting for Mistress Fia Kareman
- Jarl Valgard Stonecleaver, fighting for Lady Gracia Vasquez de Trillo
- Baron Lawrence Vaughan, fighting for Lady Lillian Hutchinson
- The Honorable Lord Sigurdr Berserker, fighting for Mistress Eleanore MacCarthaigh
- Andromidus Leonida, fighting for Baroness Lily Morgaine
- Lady Saga mac Cianin, fighting for Baron Sirion Dobbs
- Guillame Du Chantier, fighting for Ezra Dei Bazzi
- Viscount Culann mac Cianain, fighting for Viscountess Sefa Hrafnsdóttir
- Sir Matthias Grunewald, fighting for Baroness Æsa feilinn Jossursdottir
- The Honorable Lord Albrecht Ostergaard, fighting for Baronessa Daniela Rosa da Venezia
- The Honorable Lord Matthew MacGyver, fighting for Baroness Lillian Stanhope
- Baron Talan Gwyllt, fighting for The Honorable Lady Alison Wodehalle
- Lord Ragnarr Blaskegg, fighting for Lady Arnora Ketilsdottir
- Lord Thorfin Jarnison, fighting for Lord Bjorn Fairhair
- The Honorable Lord Wee Hawk of Panther Vale, fighting for Lady Angela of Panthervale
- Master Karl Meerstappa, fighting for Mistress Anne of Framlingham
- Doctorae Pandarus, fighting for Baroness Timeria Sthenone, called Timbrien
- Sir Turi MacKinnon, fighting for Baroness Marguerite de Sainte Nazaire
- The Honorable Lord Michal Bialy, fighting for Nicasia Leontodes
- The Honorable Lord Titus Claudius Silvanus, fighting for Lady Anna Serena
- Lady Röskva Mac Cianain, called Widowmaker, fighting for The Honorable Lord Ludovic of Carolingia
- Master Æthelhawke Keyfinder, fighting for Mistress Siubhan Wallace
- Baron Vladimir Bathory, fighting for Lady Andrea Noelle Bathory
Best of luck to all combatants!
The Gazette Staff thanks the MoLs and their staff for all that they do. Any errors here are the Gazette’s and the Gazette’s alone.