The tournament to find Heirs to the Tyger Throne is well underway, and the field has been narrowed to 16 combatant and consort pairs. The combatants have been broken into two groups of eight for another round robin. The entire format is at the bottom of this post, as a reminder. The top two combatants from each pool will advance to the final four.
The following combatants have advanced and will be placed into the following two buckets, in no particular order:
- Master Karl Meerstappa, fighting for Mistress Anne of Framlingham
- Sir Duarcain MacWard, fighting for Maestra Cathain Reiter
- Sir Galbraith MacGowan, fighting for The Honorable Syrine Al-Sakina Bint Houriya
- The Honorable Lord Matthew MacGyver and Baroness Lillian Stanhope, fighting for each other
- Brennan mac Fearghus, Dux, fighting for Caoilfhionn inghean Fhaolain, Dux
- Doctorae Pandarus and Baroness Timeria Sthenone called Timbrien, fighting for each other
- Baron Pádraig Ó Brádaig called Samson, fighting for Lady Martha bean ui Bhradaigh
- Lord Albrecht Ostergaard, fighting for Baronessa Daniela Rosa da Venezia
- Sir Angus McHaley, fighting for Mistress Tadea Isabetta di Bruno
- Doyen Richard Crowe, fighting for Lady Ameria Brown
- Sir Vlad Iliescu, fighting for Mistress Molly Schofield
- Baron Vladimir Bathory, fighting for Lady Andrea Noelle Bathory
- Lord Thorbjorn thorfinnsson, fighting for Syr Osgkar of the Wood
- Sir Zhigmun’ Czypsser, fighting for Mistress Leda Zipyos
- Lord Thomas De Winterwade, fighting for Lady Sara of Stonley
- The Honorable Lord Volmar Sollons, fighting for Baroness Iulia Baebiana
The tournament format is as follows:
- To start, there will be four Round Robin buckets with the best four from each list advancing to the Sweet Sixteen.
- The Sweet Sixteen will be broken down to two groups of eight for another Round Robin!
- The two with the best records from each group will advance to the final four.
- The final four will process into the list and be presented to their Majesties
- From there, the final four will then have a four person Round Robin with the top two advancing to the finals.
- All ties at the end of the round robins will fight a single fight with the winner advancing
- The Finals will be best out of seven, matched weapon forms (the weapons themselves need not match) no previous wounds retained.
- Round 1: Spear.
- Round 2: Loser from round one picks the next weapon form and so on.
- No individual combatant may pick the same form twice, however the same form may be chosen by both combatants.
- If we reach round seven, it will be bring your best form
The Gazette Staff thanks the MoLs and their staff for all that they do. Any errors here are the Gazette’s and the Gazette’s alone