ACCEPS Responds to Board Ruling

ACCEPS has posted a response to the announcement that the Board will no longer grant a variance that allows it to process credit cards to reserve for SCA events.   The original message can be found here.

The Board of Directors has decided to discontinue the variance granted to ACCEPS to take credit cards on behalf of SCA events, effectively immediately.

There was no explanation nor discussion from the corporate level with any member of the ACCEPS staff prior to this decision, which was broadcast to the Kingdom Exchequers on Saturday, April 18.

Based on subsequent phone conversations with the Society Treasurer and President, no issues or problems were communicated to us, just that the Board had decided to stop using ACCEPS.

Without the variance, ACCEPS cannot continue to operate in good faith within the SCA. We apologize for the inconvenience to all our friends and those events which were in progress.

The ACCEPS fee will be refunded to all branches for events which were not able to complete their requested registration period. All current registrations and funds will be sent to the event stewards during the next two weeks.

It has been an interesting and fun 12 years providing ACCEPS to the SCA.

Farewell and good luck.

ACCEPS Staff – Mistress Isobail, HL Sarra, Sir Rhodri, Misress Kaitlyn

Please send any concerns or questions to comments@sca.org and please copy acceps@gmail.com.

The Board’s announcement can be found here.

ACCEPS No Longer Approved For Future Use

The following was posted to the Society Seneschal’s webpage today.  The original can be seen here.

The Board of Directors of SCA, Inc. believes that there are better options in terms of electronic payments in the SCA; the corporate office is moving towards an alternative payment service as rapidly as possible. As such, the Board of Directors is discontinuing its relationship with ACCEPS and no longer approves the usage of ACCEPS as of midnight April 18, 2015. As such, I am directing all Kingdom and Local Group Seneschals to follow the decision of the Board, Corporate Treasurer and Society Seneschal to not utilize ACCEPS. If anyone makes the unfortunate mistake of not being in compliance with this directive, the officer in question’s warrant will be immediately suspended.

As for all current ACCEPS related events, these will be allowed to go to completion; however, there will be no time extension in terms of these same events.

A.J. Pongratz
Society Seneschal

ACCEPS response including their plans for refunds can be found here.

Accessibility Addition to Online Event Listing Forms / Événement formulaires ont maintenant la question de l’accessibilité de l’emplacement

“Unto the Seneschal/es, Event Stewards and Populace of the Laurel Kingdom of the East, from your servant Alayne, East Kingdom Accessibility Porter, greetings and warm wishes for good health!

Good Gentles,

You will see a small but vital change to the online event listing form. It will now be including a box which will ask “Check this box if the site is accessible per the Kingdom Accessibility Porter’s checklist.”

Be not afraid! This is not a dire question, nor should it bring fear into the hearts of those who labor long to find event sites. This is a simple step in a thought process. It asks, “if someone contacts you about any of the many accessibility issues which many of your fellow SCAdians deal with on a daily basis, will you have an answer?”

This box indicates that you are prepared to respond to an inquiry as to whether or not someone will be safe and comfortable in dealing with a disability at your event. Sometimes, sadly, that answer will be “no.” Other times, it will be “yes.” This box prevents your reply from being, “huh?”

Accessibility issues, and the office of the Porter are not a barricade to utilizing event sites, but rather a spring board for dialogue between event staff and event attendees. It will help the special needs community make their best choices as to which events they attend, just as we all have always made our best informed choices as to which events we attend.

The day of the event is the busiest time for both Event Steward and Hosting Group; the dialogue regarding site Accessibility should be completed before this time. The new box will help to prevent back up at the Gate from an attendee asking a question which would have best been asked prior to arrival, of a volunteer who might have no concept of how to answer. It will save time and in many cases temper.

The Office of the Accessibility Porter (or more simply: Porter) is ready to assist in the ongoing needs of both event personnel and the general populace, as well as our specific demographic in creating a culture of inclusion.

Should you have questions, my Deputies and I are here to assist you.

In service,
Alayne ”
Brièvement, En français par Mistess Bess:

Lorsque vous ajoutez votre événement pour l’inclusion sur le site Web du Royaume, vous verrez une nouvelle section qui vous demande si votre lieu de l’événement est accessible aux personnes handicapées.

Il s’agit d’aider vos invités savent avance ce qu’ils peuvent s’attendre à votre événement pour l’accessibilité avant leur arrivée.

Pour plus d’informations sur comment vous pouvez faire votre événement mieux pour les personnes handicapées, veuillez communiquer avec le portier de l’accessibilité de Royaume,

Pennsic: Scheduling activities on the Battlefield / Comment planifier des activités sur le champ de bataille

Re-posted from the Midrealm Gazette

From the Pennsic Battlefield Scheduler, Countess Joleicia of Litchfield:

People wishing to use the battlefield/fort/tourney lists for an activity can place a request using the same process as last year – via the Pennsic University Thing process found here:  http://thing.pennsicuniversity.org

Please enter all applicable information to help me sort out the best place to put you in; especially set-up/tear down times and what area you’d prefer to get. Volume of participants expected can help too. There is a supplementary area for extra info. Deadline for the book is two weeks and I will do my best to schedule all requests submitted by that date.

Questions can be sent to me, Countess Joleicia of Litchfield , Pennsic 44 Battlefield Scheduler.

En français par Mistress Bess

Personnes désireuses d’utiliser le champ de bataille, ou fort ou tournoi des listes pour une activité à Pennsic peuvent déposer une demande ici: http://thing.pennsicuniversity.org

Veuillez indiquer autant d’informations que possible, y compris pendant combien de temps vous avez besoin, quel champ que vous souhaitez utiliser, et le nombre de personnes que vous vous attendez à avoir. Date limite pour figurer dans le livret de l’événement est dans 2 semaines.

Des questions peuvent être envoyées à Countess Joleicia of Litchfield , Pennsic 44 Battlefield Scheduler.

Last Court of Their Majesties Edward III & Thrya II

Tags

, , , , , , , ,

et1LAST COURT OF THEIR MAJESTIES EDWARD III AND THYRA II
AT THE CORONATION OF DARIUS AND ETHELDREDA

The Court of our most excellent prince and lord, Edward, by right of arms most illustrious King of the East, third of that name, and Thyra, his Queen by agency of that same right, second of that name, held upon 11 April in the forty-ninth year of the Society in the Canton of Black Icorndall; on which day were called all and sundry the lords of the realm and the great persons of the kingdom to hear the following publicly proclaimed:

Continue reading

Bows for Calontir Falcons Fundraiser

Reprinted with the permission of The Midrealm Gazette.

How the “Bows for Calontir Falcon Fund” came about.

In March while returning from Gulf Wars, the Brook’s family trailer transporting their precious Calontir birds was lost in a vehicle fire. I saw that Calontir was doing a “Silent Auction” at an event for them, but felt something more needed to be done.

I am from Gleann Abhann. We are celebrating this year our 10th year as a kingdom. In 2005 Hurricane Katrina struck, and basically all our regalia and scrolls were lost. The Knowne World came to our aid with replacements for everything to get us back on our feet. We as a kingdom proclaimed we would not forget the good that was done to us and when others were in need we would return their good in kind. Like many of my fellow scadians, a promise was given.

There is a Baronial War at Samhain in October coming up between the Baronies of Grey Niche and Three Rivers at the Castrum/Roman Reenacting site in Lafe, AR. I am the owner’s SCA liaison/site manager for handling business with the SCA. The site has a period tavern that was not going to be used. I contacted William Hopper the autocrat and Jim Hannold the Grey Niche Seneschal for permission to run a fundraiser which the barony endorsed.

My son wanted to use a period cart and sell lemonade at the war for tips to help and get other kids to help. Then everything changed.

Jim Bryant, a truck driver who is also a master bowmaker and will be teaching classes at another event “Athenaeum” at the Castrum on the weekend of May 8th contacted me. We had met at Gulf Wars and talked a little, but we have not known each other long. Jim wanted to help. He wanted to do a raffle/fundraiser for one of his beautiful bows. Then the next day he said, “I want to do two”. He called me up that evening and said, “Let’s do five and the top prize will be a English Longbow of Yew with horn tips”. He asked me to run it for him.

So, in a month we went from a bar/lemonade wagon at a war to a huge raffle. Five bows will be given out. We will be selling twenty five hundred tickets at $1 each. We have found out that many states that you sell something then you are automatically entered into the raffle, so then it is not considered gambling. So, I am selling “Limited Edition Stickman” drawings that will be sent to you via email, and then you will be entered into the drawing. The drawing to be done at court during the Baronial War.

Jim saw a kingdom and a family in need and had the means to make a difference. His mailing address is in the Midrealm but mainly he plays in Meridies. For myself, my part is to honor a pledge given a decade ago. For Jim, it is purely out of love.

For more details on how to help and get involved please contact me directly at italonorman1187@gmail.com We have setup an account with Google Wallet. Once the $2500 goal is reached that money will be sent to the Brooks.

Thank you for helping.

THL Ranulf di Aversia
Lord Sigvat Odvarsson

Agenda Available for Board Meeting/ Agenda disponible pour la réunion du Conseil d’administration

SCA shieldEn français

A draft agenda for this weekend’s Board of Director’s meeting has been posted on the SCA’s website.  The meeting will be held in Covington, Kentucky. The agenda can be found here.

En français

Une ébauche de l’agenda pour la réunion du Conseil d’administration de cette fin de semaine à été publié sur le site web de la SCA. La réunion se tiendra à Covington, Kentucky. L’agenda se trouve ici.

Traduction: Mórag filia Scayth

Resend Comments to BoD Sent On April 14

SCA shield A message from the Society’s Office of Information Management and Technology –

Due to unidentified difficulties, some e-mail messages submitted to ‘comments@lists.sca.org’ after 6:00am EST and before 3:00pm EST on Tuesday, April 14th, 2015 were approved for release to the list, but did not make it into the list’s archive.

In order to insure that -all- missives and comments are received by the Board of Directors for due consideration in advance of this weekend’s meeting in Cincinnati, OH, we would earnestly request that all commenters who sent messages during the window of time identified above to please resubmit their communications to the list. We apologize for any inconvenience this request may present.

From the Minister of Lists

Tags

, ,

badge Minister of ListsGreetings,
At this time, I would like to hear from all those that might have interest in being the Central Region Deputy MOL for the kingdom.

This job is a pretty easy one.
The deputy is in charge of keeping an eye on the region. If an event is in need of an MOL, the deputy helps to find someone suitable.
I will often ask my deputies to follow up on reports from Baronies in their region.
Regional deputies are expected to help MOL Crown tournament and K&Q champions tournaments when they fall in their own areas.

I am looking for someone that loves to MOL. Joy in what we do translates over to the list field and allows everyone to have a great time.
You do not have to be a long time MOL to hold this position. All experience levels are welcome to contact me.

On another note to other regions:
If you desire to someday rise in the MOL office, please talk to me. I am always looking to connect with MOLs who want to get more involved.
Do you want to come and spend a day with me at the MOL table? I would love it!!
My job is super fun and I would love for others to experience that. Send me an email and let’s chat.
sabynluttrell@gmail.com

Cheers,
Sabina Luttrell
East Kingdom Minister of Lists

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 2,227 other followers