Applications Extended – SCA Archivist
The ideal applicant should possess effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. The ability to process the Collection as it grows, organizational abilities and digital filing skills. Access to the internet and basic office equipment are needed.
The position relies on a strong interest in information, creating metadata descriptions, digitization, and research by working with others.
Essential duties and responsibilities of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain the repository, as it grows.
- Catalogue and keep current the repository.
- Receiving digital information and working with the Deputy Archivist for Digital formats.
- Determining repository application and feasibility.
- Receiving tangible items for possible integration to the current repository.
- Consolidating existing files.
- Consulting with the Board on current and future projects about the SCA Archives.
- Management of projects as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of the SCA.
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge on how to catalogue items.
- An interest and knowledge or willingness to research our history.
- Business management skills.
- Leadership skills.
- The ability to use your own initiative.
- The ability to work well with others.
Key skills for interested persons are:
- Methodical and logical.
- Organized, with excellent administrative skills.
- Comfortable with information technology.
- Able to work in a team.
- Friendly and able to relate well to a wide range of people.
- Excellent verbal communication.
- Independent research.
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest, together with modern and SCA qualifications, hardcopy to:
Louise Du Cray
Society for Creative Anachronism
P.O. Box 611928, San Jose, CA 95161
with courtesy copies sent to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 31 August 2022.