Greetings from Lord Durin Bastian Consort’s Champion of Thrown Weapons and THL Safiya al-Naghira Sovereign’s Champion of Thrown Weapons. We bring you information about the Thrown Weapons Championship Tournament at NRWC July 1-3.
Please note the event schedule is still tentative but we are currently planning on Qualifiers on Saturday and Tournament on Sunday. Due to time constraints on Sunday we humbly request that if you are at NWRC on Saturday you qualify then, leaving time on Sunday morning for those only able to come Sunday.
For the Tournament and Qualifiers in general please be prepared to:
- Throw with axe, knife, and spear
- Throw from both long and short distances
- Throw at a wooden wall
From all those who qualify the top 16 competitors who wish to take on the responsibility of Champions will enter the Tournament.
- Warm up on the practice range, qualify on the tournament range
- Targets will look like a standard EK Royal Round target
- We will follow EK RR rules on scoring, spear sticks, score and retrieve, and foot placement
- It will be 4 throws from short, 4 from long for both Axe and Knife with 1 calibration throw at change of distance or weapon
- Axes should only have a single, marked scoring edge. If a blade edge (point to point around the edge), is more than 5”, then 5” must be marked as your scoring area.
- Spear will be 3 throws from short hard target distance with 1 calibration throw
- Two Qualification rounds are allowed
- A scratch counts as a round
There is an advantage to be had for placing in the top 4.
Prepare to go on an Adventure with us. There have been rumblings of a Monster threatening the Kingdom. Roll (Throw) for initiative…