My Dearest East,
I know that many of you have heard that the Kingdom of An Tir is cancelling events for the remainder of the month of March due to fears stemming from the COVID-19 virus.
Please know that at this time We see no reason to match such actions. I am sure that you will all take the necessary precautions and do your level best to ensure the welfare of yourself and those around you.
Unless instructed to do so by the Board of Directors, We have no plans to cancel events. However, We are watching closely to make sure that any and all actions that We undertake are in line with the recommendations from local governments, the CDC and federal authorities.
As per the CDC recommendations, We would like to remind everyone to please do the following:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. This should happen especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean frequently touched objects.
In addition, I would encourage event stewards to do the following:
- Promote the above recommendations from the CDC at your events.
- Provide prevention supplies at events – sinks with soap, hand sanitizer, sanitizer wipes and tissues.
- Plan to have extra staff on hand in case a volunteer isn’t feeling well.
I want all of us to be safe and continue enjoying the friendships and community that We have. Please, for the sake of everyone in Our community, be smart and follow the guidelines put forth.
In service to the East and the Dream
Queen of the East