The SCA’s Board of Directors has requested commentary on revised wording for a new Mission Statement and Core Values Statement. The proposed wording is as follows:
The Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA) is an international non-profit volunteer educational organization.
SCA is devoted to the research and re-creation of pre-seventeenth century skills, arts, combat, and culture, employing knowledge of history to enrich the lives of participants through events, demonstrations, and other educational presentations and activities.
SCA Statement of Core Values
In pursuing its mission, the SCA is committed to excellence in its programs and activities and to
- act in accordance with the chivalric virtues of honor and service;
- value and respect the worth and dignity of all individuals;
- practice inclusiveness and respect pluralism and diversity;
- promote a safe and respectful environment for all SCA events;
- act with transparency, fairness, integrity and honesty;
- be a responsible steward of SCA resources; and, be committed to maintaining the trust of its members and participants.
It is the expectation of the SCA that its members and participants, in all events and activities of the SCA, will conduct themselves in accordance with these tenets.
Feedback may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Mission/Core” in the subject line. Comments may also be mailed to the attention of ‘Attn: Mission/Core’, SCA, Inc., P.O. Box 360789, Milpitas, CA 95036-0789.
Commentary will be accepted until June 1, 2018.