Have you ever wondered just how Pennsic happens, the planning, the expense, where your fees go? Do you have the time, energy and commitment to become a Pennsic Officer? If so, apply to be the Pennsic Exchequer. This is a volunteer position involving a very large commitment of time and energy. Only serious applicants should reply.
Hourly commitment expected:
- During Pennsic, 6-8 hours per day from Staff Week through final Saturday.
- Attend both weekend planning sessions, November and May.
- 5-15 hours per week for the remainder of the year.
- Work with the Pennsic Mayors to create and maintain a budget, with detail down to department expense levels.
- Report regularly to the Pennsic Financial Committee and the Kingdom Seneschal Group on activities relating to Pennsic finances.
- Report directly to the Society Exchequer using SCA standard financial reporting forms.
- Serve as a subject-matter expert in determining allowable expenditures.
- Travel to two planning meetings (November & May)
- Be on-site for the entire Pennsic War, and be available on site during the week preceding the war if possible.
- Hold regular “office hours” during war, and monitor a radio and/or pager for the entire war.
- Work with the Cooper’s Lake staff to coordinate resources and funds transfers.
Skills and resources required:
- Moderate to expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Moderate to expert knowledge of QuickBooks.
- Moderate to expert knowledge of SCA reports
- Experience as an SCA Exchequer preferred, but not required
- Accounting/bookkeeping experience desired.
- Reliable phone and email access.
- Ability and willingness to communicate to several people over long distances.
Successful applicants will be expected to attend Pennsic 47 and spend part of 3-4 days working with the current Exchequer to experience the requirements and meet staff members. A final decision will be made following Pennsic War
Please send applications (modern resume and SCA activity summary) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application period closes 05/01/2018