K&Q A&S Bids
We are just about two months away from when bids are due for both A&S Champions and Bardic Champions.
Please note, we are encouraging local groups to submit bids for both A&S Champions and Bardic Champions together as a combined event.
We see a combined event providing a number of benefits to the Kingdom:
* Brings the arts together more across disciplines fostering community
* Increased exposure to larger populations and audiences
* Helps make both Champions competitions more of a destination event
* Minimizes the burden of the Crown for Royal Progress
* Opens up the Kingdom planning calendar
* Relieves the weight on groups needing to host Kingdom events
* Limits the number of volunteers needed by hosting only one event
We know that there could be a perception that this would split Royal attention between the two activities. We successfully managed a good experience at this last combined A&S Champions and Bardic Champions event.
We also know that there could be some individual conflicts of interest between people who would like to judge and/or enter both activities. We acknowledge that people will need to prioritize their activities. We will try our best to help with any accommodations. We believe you will still have a great time.
We understand that groups may make bids otherwise, of course, to host only one of the two Champion competitions. You are welcome to do this. Submitting for a combined event is not a requirement.
We also understand that our upcoming Heirs will consult with our Crown for their eventual decision. We would like to give them options. Please help make that possible.
To submit a bid, please follow the Kingdom Event Bid Process found at:
For potential hosting groups, a few notes:
* You will not be responsible for the organization of either Champions competition. Good event spaces will have a large hall for bardic performance, another large hall for A&S displays, and a separate room for judges.
* The King’s Bard Countess Chatricam Meghanta (or Megha)(Katherine Journeay) and the Queen’s Bard Maitresse Sabine de Kerbriant (Wendy Gale) will be managing the Bardic Champions Competition
* The King’s A&S Champion Honorable Lady Raziya bint Rusa (Elizabeth Burdick) and the Queen’s Champion Honorable Lady Sofya Gianetta di Trieste (Maria Dedvukaj) will be managing the A&S Champions Competition
* The Kingdom A&S Special Deputies Mistress Elisabeth (Lissa Underhill) and Master Magnus (Peter Olsen) will be managing the A&S entrants and judging registration and assignments.
Remember… Have fun! Teach! Learn!
Your Servant to Command,