A&S Consultation Table Deputy
Greetings all from the Kingdom A&S Minister, Master Philip White.
Thanks to your feedback and support, the Kingdom A&S Office created and started offering A&S Consultation Tables at events.
We’ve test run them now a few times. We are very happy with the feedback we have received from event organizers, judges, and especially artisans. We want to continue offering them and plan to offer them as a resource at events all over.
To those ends, Honorable Lady Kataryn Mercer has agreed to work with me as a Kingdom A&S Special Deputy charged with supporting A&S Consultation Tables.
In particular, her roles will be to:
1. Proactively coordinate A&S Consultation Tables at the more well-attended A&S focused Kingdom events
2. Ensure A&S Consultation Tables are offered regularly throughout all regions of the Kingdom
3. Reactively assist with local events that would like to host A&S Consultation Tables including how to find a coordinator, space needs, and soliciting local support.
Her work will blend well with the roles that Mistress Elysabeth and Master Magnus have taken on as Kingdom A&S Special Deputies revising the Kingdom A&S Rubric. (They are doing great work there and we expect more this Spring.)
Who are the A&S Consultation Tables for?
The A&S Consultation Tables are a chance for entrants to voluntarily get a sample walk-through based off of the Kingdom Rubric and Judging process that we use at A&S Champions.
This is to help artisans get used to the higher degree of expectations that happen at a more competitive level. The focus is on extensive research, historical understanding, and exemplary execution. These are all things that are important at A&S Champions but also other activities throughout the Kingdom.
Even if you never plan to enter A&S Champions you can use these tables as opportunities for feedback.
You’d have a chance to talk to a couple of judges and walk through their thought process as they use the Kingdom rubric.
We also welcome volunteer judges. Want to help? Let us know! You’re who is going to help make these A&S Consultation Tables successful.
Never judged before and want to learn? Let us know. You can be a shadow judge. We’d welcome the company.
Our goals are:
1. Set expectations early for the next A&S Champions competition while also helping people who do not want to compete but do focus on historical accuracy
2. Help artisans plan in advance and understand those expectations
3. Train more judges
4. Build consistency in that feedback
We think that these goals foster learning and teaching throughout the year.
We also hope that this will make the judging experience more constrictive and more enjoyable.
If you are interested in helping with any of these tasks please contact her. You can reach her at Kataryn@kitsclothingcollection.com.
And remember… Have fun! Teach! Learn!
Your Servant to Command,