Curia was held in January at the Market Day at Birka, and the following changes were made to East Kingdom Law and Policy.
- The Chancellor of the Academy of Pages was removed from the officers lists and its duties were removed later in the document. In effect, the office no longer exists.
- Kingdom officers are no longer required to exclusively maintain hardcopy reference versions of records for their office. The reference versions may be hardcopy or they can maintain archival electronic copies.
- The Kingdom Chancellor Minor’s duties were amended to remove the supervision of the Chancellor of the Academy of Pages. Two lines were inserted: “Encourages youth in the culture and customs of the Society” and “Works with the Kingdom Deputy Earl Marshal for Youth Combat and the Kingdom Youth Rapier Marshal to coordinate youth martial activities”.
- The schedule for selecting successors for Territorial Barons/Baronesses who have been in the position over six years was changed. Havre des Glaces, Stonemarche and Smoking Rocks were removed from the schedule due to successors having been selected recently.
- The officers required for a Shire has changed. It used to be a Seneschal, Herald, Exchequer and Knight marshal or Minister of Arts and Sciences. The list is now Seneschal, Exchequer and Herald or Knight Marshal or Minister of Arts and Sciences.
- The name of The Order of the Burdened Tyger has been changed to the Award of the Burdened Tyger. The King’s Order of the Tyger of Valor has been renamed The Tyger of Valor.
- The section on Augmentation of Arms was rewritten and now reads as follows.
a. The Augmentation of Arms may be awarded by The Crown to honor a person for service to the Kingdom or specifically to the Royalty. Each augmentation is specific to the individual awarded, to be added to his/her arms following consultation with the Brigantia Principal Herald. This honor is infrequently granted.
i. The final decision for the nature of the Augmentation will be determined by the recipient.
ii. Should the Crown wish this augmentation be indicative of the King and/or Queen, the Crown has the option to provide the recipient with Permission to Conflict with the registered Personal Arms or Badge of either or both Royalty.
iii. Should the Crown wish this augmentation to be indicative of the Kingdom as a whole or with a particular order of the East Kingdom, the Crown has the option to provide the recipient with Permission to Conflict with a designated Augmentation Badge or elements of the Badge of a specific Order.
iv. An Augmentation does not grant the permission to augment arms with a charge the recipient is not allowed to bear normally.
v. The Augmentation must follow the rules under the SCA College of Arms’ Standards for the Evaluation of Names and Armorial (SENA) A.3.A.3, C.4, and A.6.C.
b. The recipients of this award are entitled to a scroll.
c. All individuals who were previously presented with the Royal Augmentation of Arms or the East Kingdom Augmentation of Arms from prior Royalty from the East Kingdom are considered to have received this award, The Augmentation of Arms.
- The section entitled Patents of Arms for Royal Peers is now entitled Patents of Arms and reads as follows:
1. A Royal Peerage earned in the East Kingdom or its Principalities will be accompanied by a Patent of Arms, if the gentle does not already have one. Having sat the throne successfully a gentle is assumed to have met the requirements for a patent of arms.
2. The Order of the Rose will bear a Patent of Arms, and be accompanied by such if the gentle does not already have one.