The following announcement was released by the Society for Creative Anachronism , Inc. to announce the available position of Society Minister of Arts & Sciences
The Society Minister of Arts and Sciences is responsible for fostering the study of period culture and technology, and methods for producing historically accurate artifacts and performances. His/her duties include coordinating the efforts of kingdom Arts and Sciences officers, and promoting the dissemination of accurate information about the fields under study. The Minister also assists the Chronicler of the Society and the editors of Society publications in confirming the validity of research presented to the membership. Duties include:
- Coordinating the reports and monitoring the efforts of kingdom MoAS.
- Working closely with other Society level officers to promote, encourage and advance the Arts and Sciences within the Society.
- To attend at least two society wide events per year, this can include interkingdom wars and/or Known World Arts and Science events.
- Act as a resource guide and referral service for persons looking for experts or information in a field of study pertaining to the Arts and Sciences within the context of the SCA.
- Review and approve applications for Known World Events in accordance to the guidelines outlined in the Seneschal Policy.
- Work with the Kingdom Officers and make sure all A&S needs are met.
- Produce reports on a quarterly basis to present to the Board of Directors.
- Performing other duties assigned by the Board or Society Seneschal as directed.
Successful candidates for this position should be able to travel to other Kingdoms as necessary, and have easy access to phone, mail, and reliable e-mail. An applicant must be a paid member of the Society, and must be able to meet quarterly reporting deadlines in a timely manner.
This position presents the opportunity to help preserve the rich traditions of the Society, and assure its future by assisting in the maintenance and promotion of the teaching and learning culture of the society
As the SCA is the largest historic recreation organization in the world, with over 50,000 participants across the globe, the successful candidate will be assuming a role which not only offers the opportunity to grow the SCA, but to obtain significant professional experience, despite it being an unpaid position.
Please send both SCA and modern professional resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, no later than August 1, 2013.
Comments are strongly encouraged and can be sent to:
Milpitas, CA 95036
You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org.