Two rapier combatants remaining in the tourney:
- Antonio Patrasso
- Thomas of Effingham
will vie for the title of Sovereign’s Champion.
- The top two fighters will fight call and response rotating weapons forms. (Fighter A says they will use buckler, fighter B responds with dagger, etc).
- Combatants may not repeat any weapons forms, with one caveat: if needed, an opponent may use up one of their weapons forms but discard their offhand weapon down to single sword.
- Fighters do not have to match weapons forms.
- The first person to choose will be determined by a coin flip.
- This will be best 3 out of 5 passes.
- Doubles will be refought until clean.
- Losses from the elimination round will be forgiven and each fighter will start from a blank slate.
- Cut and thrust and two hander will be allowed.
- Spears are not allowed.
- For cut and thrust, both combatants must be armored and authorized and must agree to fight this.
The Gazette thanks the MoLs and outgoing champions for their help and support. Any mistakes are entirely the fault of the Gazette.