Have you ever found yourself with more to pack at the end of Pennsic than you did when you set out from home, only to find that your vehicle seems to have shrunk? Is your kitchen area full of boxes of cereal, pasta, jars of peanut butter, and jugs of bottled water you can’t remember buying?
Never fear! The annual Paladin’s Pantry Food Drive is here to help by conveying your camp’s extra food and drink to a local food bank. Just drop any unopened foodstuffs or beverages (no alcohol, please) at one of our handy collection points:
- Aethelmearc Royal (N04) Next to Pennsic University
- Atlantia Royal (N40) Near the Gothic Abbey
- Northshield Royal (E02) Across from Solar Showers
- Trimaris Royal (W17) Runestone and Great Middle Highway
- BMDL Baronial (N10) Central Serengeti
- Barony of Bhakail (N11) Corner of Brewer’s and Fletcher
- Barony of Blackstone Mountain (E04)
- House Sable Maul (N29) Count Jehan’s Bounty
- Nine Dragons (N01) Next to Great Hall
- Venshavn (E24) Across from Wulfden’s Back Door
- Clan Blue Feather (E12) Slope of Horde Hill
- House Akeru Thunder (E17) Hill Road
- The Lusty Wench Tavern (E17) Across from Chalk Man Pub
- The Chalk Man Pub (E17) Hill Road and Good Intentions
- House Finisterre (B09) Far West Side
- Offices of the Pennsic Independent –Top of Runestone Hill
- House Iron Lance (W13) Bottom of Runestone Hill
- Earth and Loom (Merchant Space 64) Behind the Barn
- and Maison Rive (Merchant Space 23) Across from Cooper’s Store–this location open for Final Sunday Collections!
Last Pennsic, we collected TWELVE pickup truck loads of high-quality food, drink and other supplies for local shelters. In addition, this year the program will be collecting used tents, sleeping bags, cots, and rain gear, (especially those in child sizes), which will serve no one in a dumpster, to benefit the homeless.
So exercise your charity, lighten your load, and help members of the community that has made us so welcome over the years!
Please direct any questions to Morien MacBain (Lusty Wench Tavern, E17) 304-283-5640. Want to help out more? Join us on Facebook!
In addition, while Paladin’s Pantry doesn’t accept ANY cash donations, Portersville Food Pantry (to whom we deliver the food) does! They are a registered 501(c)(3) charity, and lovely people. They have Paypal, Venmo, and snailmail donation options, if you’d like to help them financially!
Paladin’s Pantry– We put the LARGE in Largesse!