Do you ramble about research? Are you satisfied by study? Mad about material culture? Excited by education? Passionate about projects? If you answered yes to any of these questions then the job of Society Minister of Arts and Sciences might be for you! We’re searching for the Society’s biggest champion of historical arts and study and we want you!
The study of the Arts and Sciences – pre-17th century culture and technology – is one of the foundations of the Society for Creative Anachronism and core to our role as a volunteer education organization. If you have a passion for pursuing research and re-creation of pre-seventeenth century skills, arts, and culture and helping others to connect and learn, the role of Society Minister for Arts and Sciences may be just what you are looking for.
The Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc. is seeking candidates for the position of Society Minister of Arts & Sciences. This is a voluntary position with a three-year warranted term of service.
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for fostering the study of pre-17th century culture and technology, and of methods for producing historically accurate artifacts and performances. Duties include coordinating the efforts of kingdom officers in the field (regardless of whether or not the functions related to “Arts” and “Sciences” are combined in one job or kept separate); promoting the dissemination of accurate information about the fields under study; and assisting the Chronicler of the Society and the editors of the corporate publications in confirming the validity of research presented to the membership.
• Coordinating the reports and monitoring the efforts of kingdom MoAS and working closely with other Society level officers to promote, encourage and advance the Arts and Sciences within the Society;
• Acting as a resource guide and referral service for persons looking for experts or information in a field of study pertaining to the Arts and Sciences within the context of the SCA;
• Promoting, reviewing, and approving applications for Known World Events in accordance with the guidelines outlined in the Seneschal Policy;
• Working with the Kingdom Officers to make sure all A&S needs are met; and
• Producing reports on a quarterly basis, or as otherwise requested, for the Board of Directors
Successful candidates for this position should be able to travel to other Kingdoms as necessary, and have easy access to internet, phone, mail, and reliable e-mail. An applicant must be a paid member of the Society and must be able to meet quarterly reporting deadlines in a timely manner.
This position presents the opportunity to help preserve the rich traditions of the Society and assure its future by assisting in the maintenance and promotion of the teaching and learning culture of the Society.
Interested parties should forward hard copies of résumés (both professional and SCA related, including offices held and honors) to:
P.O. Box 360789
Milpitas, CA 95036-0789
Electronic courtesy copies should also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for submissions is December 1, 2021.
Are you passionate about fostering the Arts & Sciences in the Society? Apply now to be the next Minister for Arts & Sciences!