Greetings unto the Populace of our Glorious East Kingdom,
The last three and a half years serving as Kingdom Chancellor of Minors has been a joy and a privilege. Sadly, my term in this office will draw to a close this coming January. To that end, I am seeking a successor.
So, what does the Kingdom Chancellor Minor do? Good question. According to EK Law the Chancellor Minor:
A. Assists parents of children in integrating children’s activities into local and Kingdom events. The Kingdom Chancellor Minor will not be responsible for, nor in any way encourage autocrats or the Society to provide, baby-sitting services.B. Prepares, maintains, and disseminates such materials as further the objectives of the Office.C. Works with the Kingdom Chatelaine in accomplishing these goals.D. Encourages youth in the culture and customs of the Society.E. Works with the Kingdom Youth Earl Marshal and the Kingdom Youth Rapier Marshal to coordinate youth martial activities.
In addition to this, one of the most important things the Kingdom Chancellor Minor does is to work closely with their deputy, the Kingdom Youth Clerk to make sure that everyone who works in any kind of official capacity with our Kingdom’s Youth is properly warranted, has an active SCA membership, and has an up to date background check through the Society.
The Kingdom Chancellor Minor also maintains a website with up to date laws and policies, and works with other Kingdom Officers to make sure our Youth have access to a variety of opportunities to explore the SCA in a safe environment.
A good candidate for this position is someone who:
- Enjoys working with both kids and adults.
- Communicates well via email and has some familiarity with Gmail and the Google Suite (Has or is willing to set up an EK Email address)
- Has basic spreadsheet and document skills
- Is able to contribute positively to teams
- Is not afraid to ask questions
- Has at least two hours a week to dedicate to answering questions, reaching out to youth officers, seneschals, deputies, and addressing any policy issues that may arise
- Is able to complete all of the duties laid out in East Kingdom Law.
- Has an up to date SCA membership
- Has or is willing to get an up to date background check through the SCA
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a letter of intent, along with an SCA and modern resume to:
* me at chancellor-minor@
* the Kingdom Seneschal at email@example.com,
* the Crown at firstname.lastname@example.org,
* and the Prince and Princess of the East at email@example.com.
Letters of intent should be received no later than October 1, 2021.
If you have any questions at all, you can email me at chancellor-minor@
Thank you so much for considering this opportunity.