Greetings to the East Kingdom,
Some members of the Chivalry recently got together for a virtual meeting to discuss what we can do to actively help diversify the Chivalry of the East specifically. Through a lengthy discussion, we came to the conclusion that the first step is to educate ourselves, and anyone else willing to learn, about the diversity in the world outside of the very well researched white European model that has dominated the SCA for the past 50 years.
We are looking to promote research in underdeveloped areas of historical research, by hosting virtual classes by the researcher, and to record and make it available. To that end, we are looking for people who are already researching, or are interested in starting research in areas such as:
1. Women in history
2. Women in European history
3. Diversity of cultures that traveled to Europe
4. People of color in history
5. People of color in European history
6. South American/African/Asian/Native American cultures pre-17th century
7. LGBTQIA people in history
8. LGBTQIA people in European history
Or, if you have a topic on historical diversity, let us know what you want to talk about! We’re open to suggestions.
Please feel free to reach out to me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Yours in Service,