A message from the Kingdom Seneschal regarding COVID19
Good evening, East!
To follow up on the post from the Board of Directors — I’ve had a series of conversations regarding upcoming events and the spread of COVID19. All Kingdom Seneschals are monitoring the virus and what it could mean for upcoming events.
The U.S. and Canada are still in the early stages of the spread of this disease and we don’t yet know the full picture.
The best thing that everyone can do for themselves right now is to take sensible precautions:
* Wash your hands, with soap and hot water, for at least 20 seconds, frequently throughout the day. Don’t touch your face with unwashed hands.
* Consider alternate forms of greetings (bring back the curtsy!) rather than hugging or shaking hands.
* Keep surfaces clean, frequently wipe down high-touch areas like door handles, your phone, etc.
* For your own health and the health of those around you, stay home if you’re sick. If anyone close to you in daily life is sick now or has been sick in the past week or so, consider very carefully the likelihood that you may be on the verge of coming down with something — and stay home.
* Event stewards and officers running monthly business meetings, practices, etc should have extra cleaning supplies available, as appropriate. If an event steward is unsure whether or not to have an event, please feel free to contact me. A good indicator of time to reconsider is whether or not local schools have closed. Listen to your local health officials.
For more guidance, check out the CDC website –
Here’s more local information:
New Hampshire: https://www.dhhs.nh.gov/dphs/cdcs/2019-ncov.htm
Rhode Island: https://health.ri.gov/diseases/ncov2019/
New York: https://www.health.ny.gov/diseases/communicable/coronavirus/
New Jersey: https://www.nj.gov/health/cd/topics/ncov.shtml
Please take extra care of yourselves and your community. Prepare, but don’t panic. If things change, we will let you know.
I hope to see you all soon (and healthy)