Office of the Chancellor Minor (Youth Activities) seeking new Youth Clerk
The Office of the Chancellor Minor (Youth Activities) is seeking a new Youth Clerk. This deputy position is described below.
The East Kingdom Youth Clerk helps handle the modern administrative burden of managing the Kingdom’s extensive youth officer background checks. Background checks are required for adults involved with the supervision of a youth activity: Chancellor Minor of an SCA group, youth officer at large, Youth Combat Marshal, Youth Rapier Marshal etc.
The duties of the Youth Clerk are to:
– Serve as the primary contact for all East Kingdom background check submissions, processing, and tracking.
– Maintain the membership rosters for all Kingdom youth programs (Chancellors Minor, Youth Combat and Youth Rapier).
The Youth Clerk does not make warranting, training, or program decisions other than to advise rostered individuals and program coordinators of warrant status. Individual youth programs remain under the full control of the various Kingdom officers entrusted with those programs. The Youth Clerk IS responsible for collecting and storing individual personal information in support of that mission.
The Youth Clerk is a deputy to the Kingdom Chancellor Minor with additional supervision and oversight from the Kingdom Youth Combat and Youth Rapier Marshals.
- Access to a secure home computer and telephone (landline or cell phone).
Basic computer and internet literacy.
- Basic proficiency in the use of e-mail, Google drive, Excel, Google sheets, MS Word.
- Task and deadline oriented.
- Able to pass the standard SCA background check to work with youth – Pennsylvania residents must also pass their state’s background check requirements.
- Familiarity with the offices of Chancellor Minor, Youth Combat and Youth Rapier is a huge plus.
Please contact Mistress Leonete at email@example.com if you are interested in the position, or if you would like more information.