Leslie Vaughn, President of the Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc., has announced that Board of Directors is seeking applicants for the position of Society Seneschal and Vice President of Operations.
Leslie Vaughn writes: The Board of Directors of the Society for Creative Anachronism is now accepting applications for the position of Society Seneschal (Vice-President for Operations). This is a part-time, paid position, which requires approximately thirty-two hours per week .
Position Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Oversee directly and indirectly the planning and implementation of all game side activities.
- Ensure confidentiality of all investigations
- Annual review of all direct documentation
- Interface as a corporate spokesperson for information management
- Explore, evaluate and create new documentation as needed to ensure a positive game side experience
- Train all direct reports and indirectly assist with the training of subsequent staff
- Report as instructed within all timelines
- Excellent communication skills
- All other tasks as assigned
- Management experience with both volunteers and employees preferred
- Ability to connect to internet required
- Good working knowledge of current SCA corporate documents required
- Applicants must be available for the four quarterly Board Discussion Sessions per year (typically held on Fridays), held in addition to the four Board meeting days per year (typically on Saturdays). As Thursdays and Sundays tend to be travel days, each applicant must have sixteen days available per year, of which eight are week days. Additional traveling may be required. Availability for up to eight evening conference calls per year (generally starting at 9:00 p.m.Eastern Time) is also required.
Resumes (professional and medieval, including awards and titles) must be sent to SCA Inc., Box 360789, Milpitas CA 95036, or resumes at sca.org, no later than August 30th, 2014.
Comments are strongly encouraged and can be sent to:
Milpitas, CA 95036
You may also email comments at lists.sca.org.
This announcement is an official informational release by the Society for Creative Anachronism , Inc. Permission is granted to reproduce this announcement in its entirety in newsletters, websites and electronic mailing lists.