If you haven’t preregistered yet and would like to know about availability of the feast, contact Madelaine de Mortaign The autocrats expect seats for the feast may still be available at the door. Dayboard will be available at the door for $3 but can be included in your preregistration. The feast is being cooked by Mistress Anastasia and the courses are listed below. Dayboard is being cooked by Lady Zsuzsy.
Both Dayboard and the Feast are also being run as classes for people who want to learn more about how an event kitchen works. Other classes include ironworking, fiber arts, glass bead making, performance arts and a wide variety of other options. A complete schedule is up on the website and so are the class descriptions. Royal Court will follow the classes. More information about the event is available at its website or the listing on the East Kingdom website.
Order of Service for A Faire Feast in Midwinter at Maker’s Faire
(Please note: While we will do our very best to adhere to this menu, we reserve the right to change the menu at any time subject to the availablity of ingredients.)
Questions: Contact Baroness Anastasia
- White Bread (A limited amount of GF bread will be available, please contact us in advance if you need this.)
- Drinks (Water, Cucumber Water, and Barley Water will be available during service)
- Roasted Sausages
- Soft Farmer’s Cheese (Fresh; set on-site today) – Whole milk, lemon juice, salt, flavoring (likely garlic)
- Pottage of Rice (1400’s; MS Harley 5401; England) – Rice, almond milk, wine, honey, saffron. may be garnished with nuts.
- Lesshes Fryed in Lenton (1390; Forme of Cury; England) – Apple, Pear, Dates, Prunes, Golden Raisins, Allspice, Cloves, Cinnamon, Sugar, Olive oil, Almond Milk, Salt, pie shells
- Caboches in Potage (1390; forme of Cury; England) – Savoy cabbage, onions, leeks, safron, salt, and spices (ginger, sugar, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg)
Chewetes on Flesshe Day (chicken pies) (1390, Forme of Cury, England, and other sources) – chickens, wheat flour based crust, eggs, spices
Funges (1390, Forme of Cury, England) – mushrooms, leeks, veggie broth, saffron, spices (ginger, sugar, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg)
Pottage of Cracked Barley (1520, Libre del Coch, Spain) – barley, veggie broth, almond milk, sugar, cinnamon
Benes Yfryed (1390, Forme of Cury, England) – Fava beans, onions, garlic, oil, spices (ginger, sugar, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg)
Salat (1390, Forme of Cury, England) – Assorted greens, dressed in vinegar, oil, and salt
- Wafers (Made fresh on-site. A gluten free option will be available, please let the kitchen know at the start of service.) – flour, baking powder, eggs, sugar, butter, flavoring oils
- Fresh grapes, Pomegranates, and dates
- Candied Walnuts
- Walnuts, sugar, milk, cinnamon, salt
- Wardonys in Syryp (1430; Corps of Middle English Prose and Verse; England) – pears, cinnamon, red wine, sugar, ginger, vinegar, saffron
- ‘Hyppocras’ (imitation) – Apple juice, cinnamon, honey, vanilla beans, cloves