January Electronic Edition of Pikestaff Available to Subscribers
For those readers who have purchased a sustaining or international membership in the SCA, we would like to alert you that the electronic edition of the December issue of Pikestaff, the official newsletter of the East Kingdom, is available to download.
The January issue features a color cover provided by Lord Robert of Stonemarche.
- A notice that the Chronicler’s term of office is up in April, and discussion of the requirements for the office.
- A call for bids to run Pennsic 45
- A missive from Their Majesties Drachenwald
- Notices from the Board of Directors regarding the Newcomers Portal and a job opening as Vice President for Information Technology
- Reports of the courts of Kenric and Avelina at Baronial Investiture in the Barony of Smoking Rocks and Saint Eligius Celebration of the Arts and Sciences in the Barony of Dragonship Haven.
- Curia will be held Sunday January 26 at the site of Market Day at Birka in the Barony of Stonemarche
- Event announcements for the months of January, February, and early March, and upcoming Kingdom Events including King’s and Queen’s A&S Champions.
E-newsletters are available only to those who have purchased a sustaining membership or an international membership.
Here’s a quick reminder about how to access the newsletters, if you have the appropriate membership. You’ll start by visiting the newsletter web site: http://enewsletter.sca.org
There you’ll be greeted with a login screen. You’ll need your membership number and password. (The initial password is the word “start”, all lower case. It is recommended that you change the password to something more secure the first time you use the site.)
Once you’ve provided that you’ll see a screen with a list of all the publications available. You can access not only the Pikestaff, but the newsletters of all the Kingdoms, and the Board of Directors meeting minutes. Click on the name of the Kingdom or other publication you want, and on the next screen you’ll see all the
newsletters for that Kingdom, all the way back to the first electronic issues in March of 2012.
If you have trouble accessing the site, your next step should be to contact Membership Services to check the status of your membership. You can find all the contact information on the SCA web site: http://www.sca.org/members/MbrSvcsStaff.html They will be able to help you. The kingdom chronicler does not have the necessary access to do so.