Duke Edward Grey, the Pennsic Warlord, has posted on Prince Brennan’s and Princess Caoilfhionn’s Website the early agreements from War negotiations with the Middle Kingdom. The war points break down as follows:
25 points for Armored Combat
10 points for Rapier
10 points for Archery
2 points for Service
1 point each for Thrown Weapons and Siege.
The schedule for the war points is listed below. Battle details can be found here but more information will be forthcoming, so check back again as we get nearer to the event.
Pennsic 43 War Point Schedule
9:00 AM Opening Ceremonies
10:00-11:30 Allied Champions – 1 pt
* Allies request 80 to 120 men on a side.
* Number to be finalized Middle Saturday evening.
* Capture the flag. (Pennsic 42 rules)
* 1 hour resurrection
* Wait at resurrection point until released (every 5 minutes)
* Two flags, scored by moving flag to resurrection point
* Flag bearer must have gauntlets, and is engaged 360 degrees
10:30-11:00 Unbelted Champions – 1 pt
* 30 fighters, one pass
* Crowns may not fight. Heirs may
* No Allies
11:00-11:30 Belted Champions – 1 pt
* 20 fighters, one pass
* Crowns may not fight. Heirs may.
* No Allies
11:30-12:30 Break for Court business and to allow a rest between Allied & Heroics
12:30-2:00 Heroic Champions – 1 pt
* No one who fought in the Belted Champions Battle may fight in Heroics (except Heirs)
* Heirs will resolve a tie.
*Format is one on one, weapons need not be matched
*12 total fights, Principal: 3 Unbelts, 4 belts – no more than 2 Royal Peers between the belts & unbelts, 5 allied combatants of any rank.
* Double kills to be refought
*Whoever is ahead chooses the first fighter, then alternate.
2:30 – 5:00 Rapier Champions – 1pt
• 1 Melee (10 principal and 10 allies)
• 1 Queen’s champion bout
• 1 King’s champion bout
• 1 Cut & Thrust bout (from principal or ally)
• 21 Bouts (11 principal/10 allied) paired in advance.
• Dead is dead – double kills are not refought.
• A Tie is possible and results in no points.
10:00 Five Armored Field Battles (600×600 field): 1 pt each (5 total)
*Conventions will be the same as Pennsic 42, except:
* No side changes
* No siege
* All holds to be general & kept to a minimum
2:00 – 3:00 Rapier Field Battles: 1 pt each (3 total)
• There will be a 15 minute water break between battles.
• Death From Behind is allowed. All holds are general.
• A Friendship battle will be fought 20 minutes after the third warpoint battle.
11:00 – Armored Woods Battles: 7 banners, 5 pts
* 2x 60 minute resurrections, sides switch between battles
* There will 4 resurrection points (2 each in the lower woods and upper woods), sides will start in either of their own res areas
* The Crowns (Or representative) will verify the positions of the banners prior to the battle.
* Two points will be awarded to the side with the most banners at the end of each of the two battles.
* Half hour between battles
* The Center banner will be timed for the duration of both battles. The side which holds the banner for the longest time will be awarded an additional warpoint.
* The East & allies will start on the southern side for the first battle.
* The Middle & allies will start on the nothern side for the first battle.
* The Crowns or chosen representatives will meet at AEthelmearc War Practice to determine the position of the banners. (4 of 7 expected to shift slightly)
After Armored Woods Battles – Siege War Point, 1 pt
2:00 – Rapier Woods Battle, 3 pts
• Both sides would prefer to use the lower portion of the woods for this battle however if a mutually agreeable arrangement of banners and resurrection zones cannot be found the battle site will revert to the upper woods.
• This is an unlimited Resurrection battle with Death From Behind allowed. Resurrection zone will be chosen by the side behind on points the day prior to the battle.
• Local Holds
• Three banners will be contested, equidistant from each side’s resurrection zone. There will be banner checks at semi-random times (20 +/- 8 min mark)(40 +/-8 min mark)(65 +/-8 min mark) to be randomly determined by the marshalate prior to the start of battle and not revealed to the combatants. The side whose flag is raised has control of banner. Majority of banners at each check receives 1 war point.
Service (hours from Sat, Sun, Mon) - 1 pt
Archery Champions – 1 pt
30 Total Champions, 20 Principal, 10 Allied. The shoot will be constructed with an intent to balance accuracy & speed shoots
10:00 – Five Armored Bridge Battles: 1 pt each (5 total)
*Conventions will be the same as Pennsic 42 except:
* The two outside bridges at 18 feet wide
* Bridge 18, 27, 27, 27 , 18 separated by 54 feet
* Siege and archery in all 5 battles.
* Projectile weapons will only be used on the center 3 bridges
* Archers may not advance onto the bridge to fire
* Siege Engines will only deploy 50 feet from bridge end (from the mid-point between 1 and 2nd bridge and mid-point between 4 and 5th)
* No arrows or siege ammunition will be re-inspected between battles
* A point is awarded for ownership of 3 of 5 bridges.
* All contested bridges will be fought.
* No fighting on the hay bales. Incidental contact is ok.
Rapier Ruins Battle – 3 pts
• The rattan bridge structure will be modified into a variety of terrains (see attached). Three banners will be contested, one centered in the building, one centered in the broken field and one centered in the open field equidistant from each sides resurrection line. Resurrection lines will be 20 yards from the edge of the nearest structure or obstacle.
• This is an unlimited Resurrection battle with Death From Behind allowed. General Holds.
• There will be banner checks at semi-random times (20 +/- 5 min mark)(40 +/-5 min mark)(65 +/-5 min mark) to be randomly determined by the marshalate prior to the start of battle and not revealed to the combatants. The side whose flag is raised has control of banner. Majority of banners at each check receives 1 war point.
• Field to be set to a mutually agreeable state by teams from both sides using two bridge’s worth of broken field, one bridge built into the building. The next line of bales is the edge of the world
• Building walls will not be fought over.
• Broken field bales may be fought over, but not stepped over.
Thrown Weapons: 1 pt
10am – Castle Battle, 6 pts
* 2 – 30 minute battles with 3 banners.
* 1 banner per point
* 1 banner in fort, 1 banner in tower outside of fort, 1 in open field. Roughly in a curved line from fort opening extending south and then south west. See Map
*Switch sides between battles
Service (hours from Tues, Wed, Thurs) – 1 pt
Populace Archery Shoot – 9 points
Each archer may shoot up to 5 times, at each of the 3 traditional shoots, on any day or combination of days. No Archer may shoot more than 5 times at each of the ranges. Each shoot will have 3 points, awarded on Friday, after the range closes.